tank121;528816 Wrote:

> As my mobile contract is up soon is the Iphone a serious contender for
> a new phone ?

iPhone is always a serious contender for a new Phone.

> The things that put me off the Iphone are the rip off tariffs here in
> the UK.

Buy an import from Italy or France. Factory unlocked without
limitations. And then get a good tariff.

> Build quality
> Apparent bad reception.

Can't agree. Build quality is not too good but still better than on the
various htc phones I have (hero, touch pro). Will work for two years (my
hero recently started to fall apart after 9 months but then that phone,
9 months after showing up on the market is already 4 software
generation behind without an update so needs to be replaced anyway -
this is a STRONG point for iPhone: the software lasts). No longer but
then since my venerable 6310i no phone has worked longer for me.
Reception isn't bad for me (iPhone 3G), comparable to other phones.

That said, there are better PHONES out there than iPhone, yet no better
smartphones, IMHO. Android's catching up, though.
Battery lasts longer than for all the competitors I've tested so far
(an old SonyEricsson M600i, htc hero, htc touch pro).

> Is the build quality better on the Ipod Touch.

Feels good, latest one has some issues with me (I've got three, the
older ones are fine).

> As both Apple devices have integrated batteries is it a return to Apple
> to have it replaced ?

well....there are stores that can replace them, at least here in
Berlin.
That said: My batteries all last well, I bought my oldest iTouch on the
day of it's release and it still works fine. And these things get used
here :)

> Finally would the Ipeng app been installed directly on the Touch in my
> scenario ?
The iPeng APP goes onto the iPhone or iTouch. The iPeng PLUGIN won't
work on the SB Touch.

flattermann;528845 Wrote:

> There are several SqueezeBox Apps for Android available.

The best one being flattermann's (SqueezeCommander). :)

--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com