iPhone;531411 Wrote:
> Maybe I am not understanding your question. Are you looking for drives
> powered off the USB port?
>
> I have a 320 GB, 500GB, and 640GB Toshiba USB powered USB drive and all
> three work fine with the Touch. These Toshiba drives do not have
> external power, they are powered off the Touch's USB port per the USB
> spec. They now have a 1TB Toshiba Canvio™ Portable Hard Drive for $159
> which would make a great USB powered drive for Touch.

Yes, I was referring to a drive powered by the USB port alone. I got
the impression that the Wiki about the limitations was implying that
usb powered drives would NOT work without a powered hub, and I didnt
want a jumble of wires back there.. but if like you say a 2.5" Toshiba
drive works then I shall probably invest in one of those.

as for why I have anything at -8.. well back in the day, drive space
wasnt so cheap.. I'll probably just re-encode all the FLAC at -5 in a
batch job.

Thanks for the answers people.

Any idea on the superdatetime.. any plans for adding that to a
screensaver maybe? just a local weather forecast perhaps.

Oh and please add Picasa to the pic services :)

--
craiglester