boerner;531793 Wrote:
> Somewhat reversing the initial question, is it possible to have the
> Touch share the local USB storage (whether it be SD card or USB disk)
> via CIFS? I like the idea of everything being self contained and having
> the ability to update songs via the network.
>
> Sorry if that has been covered before. I checked the wiki and did not
> see anything that addresses this idea.

Yes, the Touch runs a Samba server when you plug in an external storage
device.

So you don't have to unplug the drive, drag it to another machine, copy
files and drag it back.

Just leave the drive where it is, and drag-and-drop the files.

(No clue what the subtle differences between SMB and CIFS are, but it's
Samba, so it should just work.)

(

--
snarlydwarf