JJZolx;531876 Wrote:
> Newegg has it for '$149.99 with free s/h'
> (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822149103).  Of
> course, I don't think anyone knows yet whether the Touch will
> sufficiently power this drive.  A 1TB drive must have an extra platter
> or two compared to a 500GB or 640GB drive.

Toshiba is very good about staying below the USB power spec. I would be
willing to bet it will work fine because a company like Toshiba doesn't
want returns and this drive has no means of connecting external power.
But you are right that until somebody tries it, we will not know for
sure. And thanks for the $10 lower price find. $159 was the best I
could find when I looked last week.

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr
6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Mains, VCC-5
Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide
AutoScope 2.35:1

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: Second Boom