I just received my Touch yesterday and am still discovering it - I am
really pleased !

I have two questions :
1. My main goal for buying a touch was to be able to play music without
having my computer on. Everything in my library is in ALAC. So, I
plugged in an external USB drive (AC Powered - 7200 RPM). I still want
to access my music library when I turn my computer on. For example, to
sync my iPhone (point iTune to the library) or to rip new CDs directly
to the Touch attached USB drive. I have shared the drive and mapped it
to a drive letter on my PC.
Question : assuming i fix some of the tags, or I rip in new CDs to the
shared drive location... will the Touch recognize the changes
automatically ? Is there a way to have it scan for changes ? Do I need
to wipe and recreate the database everytime something changes in the
library ?

2. I tried streaming from my Touch to a SB Radio. I know that ALAC is
not supported by the SB Radio, but I would have expected the Touch to
transcode. It does not seem to work (I get noise), or maybe I am doing
something wrong.

Thanks and best regards,

--
hautesavoie