Tripmaster,

are you using Touch standalone or with any other players?

I've been experiencing rebuffering all morning using Touch to play
synchronised FLAC to a radio and receiver. There are some logs in
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=77322&page=2 but I'm
hoping to keep issues separate so that is focussed on 'Local Music
service has been stopped'.

I'd just switched the receiver back to my main server (WHS) and
switched off the radio. My plan was to just listen to the Touch for
some hours and see if buffering was better or worse. I had one instance
of rebuffering in about 10 minutes then ...

moved 6 files on both WHS and the shared Touch USB drive that were
causing an album to be duplicated...
SB3 on desk (connected to WHS) but not playing lost connection to
server!
A few seconds later the Touch stopped playing and went blank, it went
back through power up cycle (logitech logo et al.) and then
"Sorry, your device had to restart due to a system error. Is it OK if
...."
SB3 went blank and then came back connected to Squeezebox Touch.
I switched SB3 back to WHS library after a while, so if that had also
fallen over, it could have restarted before I checked.

I honestly don't know if the crash is related to buffering, the file
move or the other thread problems - have numerous other niggles but
don't want to overload the forums with separate threads which may be
related.

--
DigitalMitch

2 * SB3, 1 * Boom, 2 * SBR, 1 * Radio and 1 * Touch
controlled by IR, SBC [and iPeng on iPhone - wifi died!!]
7.5.0 on WHS on HP MediaSmart (EX470) upgraded to 2G RAM
http://www.last.fm/user/digimich