paltomare;536725 Wrote:
> Still struggling with the remote codes, can't get them to work on my URC
> MX-950. Anyone with similar problems/solutions?

I just tried a backward approach -- applying the ideas in 'this thread
about Radio IR' (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=69634)
to update the /usr/share/jive/jive/irMap_default.lua file on my Touch
so that it would be hard-coded to accept JVC codes instead of Slim
(e.g. map arrow_down to the JVC code 0x0000f78b instead of the Slim
code 0x7689b04f). I didn't have any luck, but I have a pre-release
hardware build, I think at least two revisions older than the retail
units. So you might have better luck. The basic idea is to SSH into
Touch, cd to /usr/share/jive/jive and edit the irMap_default.lua file,
changing the hex values. Once you do that, you'll need to reboot Touch
for the changes to take effect (simply restarting the 'jive' user
interface app does not suffice). If you're comfortable with Linux and
vi, I'd suggest you try it. Save a copy of irMap_default.lua in case
you have to revert, and give it a shot. I'm pretty skeptical -- I think
it may be the case that the IR circuits on Touch have either been
programmed to ignore JVC codes (which would make sense -- the Touch UI
should be more responsive if the IR circuit doesn't bother it with
every silly IR signal that comes its way), or perhaps are even
physically incapable of recognizing both Squeezebox and JVC codes --
see 'this comment from Felix'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=518771&postcount=5) which
isn't entirely clear about whether the IR limitation discussed in *that*
thread is an intrinsic hardware issue or design choice.

--
peterw

http://www.tux.org/~peterw/
Free plugins:  'AllQuiet'