tonyptony;536750 Wrote:
> Not that I mind having new and improved updates showing up, but is there
> a way to configure the Touch so that the software updates can be ignored
> until the user decides to install? I want to keep from having the update
> panel popping up automatically.

You can ignore them by swiping left to right.  Then you won't get
another prompt for (I believe) 12 hours.  I don't think there's any
easy way to avoid them, but you could probably figure something out if
you know how it works.

On startup Squeezebox Server goes out to update.slimdevices.com and
downloads a firmware version file for connected players.  If the
version is newer than that installed on the player then it downloads
it.  The server repeats the check for new firmware every 12 hours that
it's running.

http://update.slimdevices.com/update/firmware/7.5.1/fab4.version

http://update.slimdevices.com/update/firmware/7.5.1/fab4_7.5.1_r8714.bin

The firmware is downloaded into the server's cache/updates folder.  SbS
then notifies the player.  I suppose you could try making the updates
folder read-only, but if you're running beta software it's probably in
your best interest to keep abreast of the firmware updates and the bug
fixes that they contain.

--
JJZolx

Jim