andreasa;536967 Wrote:
> Thanks, Mnyb. But what is samba? Sorry, but I am pretty new to this...

Don really know :) SMB = samba =cifs is a network protocol for sharing
disks over networks, it not important windows knows what it is and the
Touch do too.
Samba "translates" between different OS's so you can use the NAS as any
other "drive".

So you can browse your network neighborhood and find it.

You don't have to install anything

Most if not all NAS disk run linux in the background, but with the help
of smb it can appear as "drive" on the PC .
Most NAS boxes have a nice web-UI Touch don't so it is not filled with
backup programs and whatnot's like a regular NAS .

Hmm somebody who runs windows should have insight

heres the wiki btw

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Squeezebox_Touch

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Squeezebox_Touch_as_a_Home_Music_Server

--
Mnyb

Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J and assorted amps SiriuS,
Classe'Primare and Dynadio speakers (including a pair of Contour 4 )
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: SB3 + powered Fostex PM0.4
Miscellaneous use: Radio (with battery)
I use a Controller various ir-remotes and a Eee-PC with squeezeplay to
control this