pounce;537051 Wrote:
> When you state this you should also state your specific configuration. I
> don't think you are using the internal SBS on the Touch from attached
> storage.
>
> You are also not stating your FLAC compression level.
>
> Without being specific stating it "Handles it just fine" is not helpful
> because there are well known cases where it is not working well. We just
> need to be specific so we can help other users and the developers
> resolve any issues.

My configuration is:
Touch
XP SP3,
SBS 7.6,
all wired (because Wi-Fi is NOT a proper network)
FLAC at level -5 (because -8 eats CPU for almost no worthwhile disk
space saving).

This hasn't changed for over 12 months and has been completely stable.

I did run the Touch wireless for a while and had no problems either.
FLAC @ -8 and 24/96 is/can be an issue for the Transporter as well as
the Touch...

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio