Alll this may have been known about "for years" by certain ppl, but the
JVC vs "proper" remote code thing has been a complete revelation to me
(SB user since SB3).

I'm not in any way an OFA remote fan-boy, but the fact that that their
supoort dept has offered several times (to me anyway) to create a code
for any device that they don't have in their database by sending in a
learned-code or actual device remote control with an upgraded remote in
return, suggests to me that they *are* willing to add new devices to
their database.

Then contrast this with SD/Logitech not documenting the proper codes in
user-readable way e.g. manual or wiki, then silently pulling the JVC
code support from newer devices, and then just happening to have their
own universal remote offering - it all does tend to be rather irksome.
:(

--
mr-b