Just got my Touch yesterday and set it up using a 500GB CN Memory USB
drive.
It scanned and even PLAYED music which I didn't figure to be on the
drive at all. It had been deleted long ago. Only after formatting the
drive and recopying my current music to it, it was gone.
The touch obiously doesen't care for virtual order. It scans what is
physically available. It was kind of spooky listening to music and
seeing cover art, which I wasn't even aware of owning.

Also a question to the experts. I had read earlier that the Touch would
make a USB drive available on the home network. So far I have not been
able to figure out how this works. Any suggestions?

--
foxx