peterw;539969 Wrote:
> I don't have any tracks with extreme enough ReplayGain values to easily
> discern if this impacts ReplayGain or not, but from the looks of the
> Lua code in file that I suggest editing, it appears that it should
> *not* affect ReplayGain. Also I've tested and the volume controls
> continue to work 100% normally if Touch is being used to control
> another remote player. Now I need to learn how to package up this
> one-liner for Erland's Patch Installer...

Well, Playback.lua is only for the player part of Squeezeplay, it has
nothing to do with the Controller part and it mostly driven by
SlimProto.

The volume control code works by translating volume levels (0-100) to a
Replay gain value ramp (using a translation table) from 0 to 65536
(that's 16 Bits!) and adding the replay gain values to that. I assume
you get clipping at 100% if you try to make something even louder (NOT
clipping in the audio, it just doesn't get any louder), my
understanding is that replay gain will work +/-0 on average.

You could use a similar mechanism for balance although if you want to
operate at 100% volume you would then always have to go for negative
balance values.

--
pippin

---