I tred plugging my usb HDD directly into the Touch...
to be honest I felt teh performance was a wee bit slow, especially when
dealing with playlists..

I didnt have ay of Erlands plugins installed
I was using 7.5

I know 7.6 expects some performance enhancements over 7.5...does this
apply to using the inbuilt Server too??

Thanks.

Meanwhile Ive set up 7.5 on my fast PC and running it at 5%Min 10%Max
CPU power through Power Options in windows..

It goes into standby after 5 minutes and Wake On Lan is set up whe I
switch the Squeezebox.

Everything happens in an instant, which is great, but I would prefer
not to use my main OC just for squeezecentre.

So a solution is still ongoing.. :)

--
Gazjam