Well - very interesting.
I plugged in some Sennheiser PMX60's into the Touch and repeated the
test above, comparing TinySC with phones in vs. TinySC with no phones.

The overall correlation null drops by 6dB to -80dB, meaning that with
Phones connected the analogue signal via RCA out is changed. What is
more, the change is mostly on the Right channel out of the Touch. The
left channel is much less affected by the Phones being in-circuit
(2dB). I repeated the test several times with consistent results.

I would expect this small difference to be detectable by some people
under the right circumstances. It will probably depend on which phones
are used - I'm guessing the impedance will matter.

I'll try and see what happens with Phones in and replay via sbs...

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio