superpin;540591 Wrote:
> Someone probably already figured this out, but what is the best way to
> use a SB3 and a Touch in the same room? My plan was to put the Touch by
> my sofa and use as a remote and cover art display, and keep my SB3 by
> the amp and use it together with the normal IR remote. Is this
> possible? If not I guess I have to downgrade my SB3 to a display,
> turning off all IR and sync it to the Touch.
>
> (tried to STF but its broken and I just got an empty screen)

That should work.  You can use the touch as a controller.  I'm doing
this with a SB receiver in my living room.

The touch is controllable with the IR remote too, so you'll want to
disable that via a setting in the web UI.

--
maggior

Rich
---------
Setup: 2 SB3s, 4 Booms, 1 Duet, 1 Receiver, 1 Touch.  SuSE 11.0 Server
running SqueezeBoxServer 7.5.0, MusicIP, and SqueezeSlave.
Current library stats: 33,060 songs, 2,656 albums, 484 artists.
http://www.last.fm/user/maggior