I have a little over 600 GB of music stored on a WD Elements 1.5 TB hard
drive.  I have that directly connected to my Touch.  My entire reason
for getting the Touch was so I would not have to use my laptop.  My
Touch is directly connected to my router (i.e., not using wireless).

I'm having two problems.  One is with album art.  The second is with
speed.

First problem:

That 600 GB of music contains album art.  The music that I ripped named
all the album art "folder.jpg."  These have always show up on my Touch
without any problems.  The music I received from a friend has all the
album art named as "coverart.jpg."  I understand that "coverart.jpg" is
a name that the Touch will not recognize.  So I changed all of them to
"folder.jpg."  I did a wipe and rescan on the Touch.  Still no art.
Any suggestions on what I need to do now?

Second problem:

My Touch is operating really, really slowly.  It is taking upwards of
40 second to a minute before a song plays.  (These are songs stored on
the connected HD.)  Any suggestions on why?

Plan of action:

I plan to do a factory reset to see if that will work.  I'm hoping it
will because as is, the Touch is not usable for me.  I'd really like to
hear your suggestions/advice.  Thank you.

--
crimscrem