I think I'll give the new Touch a try the next week, and I have some
questions before buying it.
I used to own a Duet, but I didn't like the setup too much, the pc
always on (I had a SheevaPlug), a dedicated router...
Currently I'm using a Teac Wap, and it works perfectly: I have an
external disc attached to one of the two USB, I don't need any PC, and
it comes with a nice Touch remote controller.
But, the new Squeezebox Touch is said to have a better digital output
(I use an external dac) and it comes with a built-in Squeezebox
Server.
My idea is to attach the same HD (with its own power adapter) to the
touch, connect the touch to the wifi, and use my IPhone + IPeng as
remote. I don't have any plan to listen to high resolution files, but
this would be an obvious plus.
My question is: can you see any problem with a setup like this? I've
read there are some issues playing high resolution files from the
attached drive, but what about 16/44 FLAC files? Also, can you safely
use the IPhone and IPeng as controller? Can you set the digital output
level to 100%?
Thanks in advance.

--
realmassy