Mnyb;542680 Wrote:
> But if it is in the same room as the router it's completely nuts to
> *not* use wired  ethernet !! :confused:
>
> Wifi is not a real network, ethernet is so much better than even a
> "perfect" wifi setup.
>
> In general only use wireless when the application demands it, a laptop
> an iPhone or an controller is, well portable you can't have wires
> hanging out of that stuff :-)
>
> Save your wifi capacity for that stuff .
>
> Things that sits in the same place all the time can be wired.
> Unless your walls are such that you need professionals to make the
> holes.
>
> Also you can free some wifi capacity by wire other stuff that seems
> unrelated to your squeezebox system, you don't want somebody else in
> the household to download torrents over wifi at the same time if you
> are using it for the music
>
> Also Touch use slightly more CPU on wifi .
> And filling up the buffer goes slower with 24/96 files over wifi you
> can get a small glitch when the first track in an Hirez playlist starts
> or when skipping in 24/96 files
LOL
No way I can pass a ethernet cable in my lounge :-) And I've just
finished to decorate the house so no holes in the wall.
This is the reason I used to have a dedicated router when I owned the
Duet, and this is the reason I'm using now the Teac: it works perfectly
with a USB drive.
If I can't use the wireless for the Touch I can try the network over
mains. Or probably I'll stick with the Teac :-)
Thanks anyway for your honest replies.

--
realmassy