I think you can do this one of a few ways.

1.  Factor reset through the Touch menu.  First, properly eject the
USB.  Then, go Settings ---> Advance ---> Restore Factory Settings.
Once it boots up again, then attached the drive.

2.  Do the same as above, but after ejecting the USB, then hit the
factory reset button above the power plug in.

3.  And option, this is what I think you're going for:  Settings  --->
Advance --->  Squeezebox Server  --->  Stop Squeezebox Server.  then go
back through the same way and start the Squeezebox Server.  It'll give
you a Wipe and Rescan option.

--
crimscrem