m1abrams;543931 Wrote:
> Well in the SB world "off" is not really a good term I agree.  Since the
> devices originally were extremely dumb clients having them turn off was
> just not really doable.  Even with the Touch you probably do not want
> it going truly off in most cases since it would take it some time to
> boot up and rescan each time and if the Touch.  Now I could see them
> adding an option for the Touch particularly if it is used standalone to
> have "off" be a deeper "off" where TinySC is shutdown, screen turned off
> and drive unmounted....
Well, my experience was that display said "power off", hdd was not
spinning (i.e. data cannot be damaged). But Touch wake up and
complained?!
I understand now that bug prevents screen off, and hdd must be manually
unmounted each time.
As far as i know in home electronics it used to be "standby"=ready for
action, and "power off"=power off - open circuit. Things are changing..

--
Zibi