Labarum;545106 Wrote:

> Any Beresford DAC will improve an SB3

Well, I have to disagree.
I own a SB3 and a beresford TC-7520 with LM4562NA opamps
Have to say that, like some others folks, for me the difference is so
subtle, it is not worth the price.

I never understood how a TC-7510 (I never got one) could improve a SB3,
since my TC-7520 was supposed to blow away TC-7510's, and according to
Stanley Beresford was designed to "take no prisoners".
But that was before the caiman was out, and blow away the TC-7520, and
was the new "take no prisoners" :-)
(And don't forget that each new iteration of the TC-7510 mk/n was
supposed to be a noticeable improvement over the TC-7510 mk/n-1 ...)

In my opinion, the SB3 is very sensitive to quality of power, and as
far as I am concerned, it is much better to care about SB3 setup than
buying a TC-7520 to improve a SB3 (at least, the dac is a good usb dac
to improve sound from PC for the movies, so it is not useless)

I guess it is far better to replace the SB3 by a Touch, than to keep a
SB3 and buy a Beresford ...
I'll do that very soon.

--
nicolas75