JohnSwenson;551302 Wrote:

> You are going to have to choose how you want to control the Touch.
> Where its going to be located relative to where you are sitting is a
> significant factor. If the Touch is going to be right next to your
> listening position you can use the Touch screen itself. If its further
> away you can use the included remote control, but be warned the screen
> is not that large and it is difficult to read from across the room.
> There are apps for many portable devices (iPhone, iPod Touch, android
> phones, windows mobile phones, PDAs etc) that can control a Touch using
> the local screen in your hand. A lot of people like these very much.
>

> The server running on your computer also serves up a web page (the
> WebUI) that can control the system from any browser on anything you
> have. (phones, laptops, watch, anything with a browser)
>
> John S.

Hey John,

You seem just the guy I'd like to get some information from. I'm
looking at buying a Touch/external hard drive/active speakers to use as
my main music system. The Touch will be in a bedroom approx 13' x 16',
so I could use the onscreen functions and remote, but I wanted to be
able to control it via wireless netbook. From what I'm understanding,
to do that I'd install the Squeezebox Server to the netbook which is
cool, but can I still use the onscreen touch functions if I wish? I
wouldn't want to lose that as I take the netbook out with me, and then
my partner wouldn't be able to use the Touch. Is that right?

Also, I take it the Touch will connect to Active Monitors no problem?

Cheers John, hope you can help.

--
NeonFrog