When I connect my Maxtor 500 gig HD, which has less than 500 albums
stored, all ripped in Flac, the Touch will start the reading process,
but then stop, with a message that says something along the lines of
Local Music Stopped due to a problem, it will then eventually when
prompted a bit more, scan the media for music files, but never quite
finishes the task, and by that time I have gotten bored, and resort to
playing it via my laptop linked to the NAS. I do like the idea of not
involving the laptop, so would like advice to get around the problem.

Help please?

--
craig strong