floater;551206 Wrote:
> On mine 18000, mostly flacs is hopeless.

This has got to come down to more then just library size then, because
I have 24158 FLAC and 3 MP3 files on my 640GB Toshiba with 5.8 GB of
free space. The Touch does everything I ask it to do.

So I think it comes down to how much one is trying to make the Touch
running TinySC do what one does with Touch and SBS. I don't use any
pluggins with TinySC (only use about 5 with SBS), I mainly play whole
albums or use playlists. The highest resolution I have on any of my
Touch USB drives is the Beatles 24/44.

So I feel it is more how the Touch with TinySC is being used then the
absolute library size barrier being reached. To back up this feeling,
on long weekends I use a 2TB external powered USB drive with Touch
without issue with over 80K of FLAC Files.

It could even possibly come down to brand of drive being used with the
Touch and TinySC. Again being able to use a 2TB USB drive with TinySC
makes me think that library size is less of an issue and its more what
people are asking TinySC to do. There is also the point that has
already been made, no matter how Touch with TinySC is being used, one
is already at the edge of the limit by just using TinySC. What puts it
over the edge is probably anyones guess?

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr
6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Mains, VCC-5
Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide
AutoScope 2.35:1

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: Second Boom