enestu;554639 Wrote:
> Hi,
> A rapid test between my SB Touch and my CA 640V2 CD player (CD ripped
> with EAC to flac and test by switching CD/Touch source) . The CA 640 v2
> is the clear winner, better definition, accuracy...
>
> SB touch should be better than duet with theoretically a better DAC,
> powerfull cpu (better to decode hd stream) (and probably handier you
> can even use android or iphone as remote). I think that dac magic (or
> better dac) should give better result. One of the problem for duet or
> touch is the power unit and probably analog circuitry (audiophile grade
> ?!).
>
> Sorry for my english :)
Did you do volume levelling on the SB and CDP? If not then the louder
player will always sound better. You need to level the volumes from the
SB and CDP first (ideally with a sound pressure level meter) to get a
meaningful comparison, even for a rapid test.

Also, you seem to suggest that one of the Touch's advantages over the
Duet is that you can use android or iPhone as a remote. Actually you
can use an Android phone or iPhone (or iPod Touch) as a remote control
for the Duet as well. Or did you mean that Android/iPhone was an
advantage for _any_ SB compared to a CDP?

--
aubuti