JohnSwenson, JJZolx: thanks for your replies.

No, I'm not using an external DAC, just the RCA analogue outputs to my
amp.

Re. the sample rate, the 'source' change was from a 128kb/s AAC+
internet radio stream to 24b/88.2kHz FLAC.

It's a bit more than a faint tick, rather a couple of 'impulses', as if
the 'switch' were a bit bouncy, or as though someone were slightly
cack-handedly inserting a 'live' plug into an input with the volume
turned up (though it's not a 'buzz').

Having said all that, it's not actually that bad; it's not really loud
or disruptive. However, it is something I'd rather not have, and not
what I'd expect. I'll wait to see if the bug fix, er, fixes it.

--
Furry

Living room: SB Touch, Audiolab 8000A (c1985) + TDL RTL3 speakers.
Dining room: SB Boom.
Kitchen: SB Radio 1/2 (now with battery!).
Bedroom 1: SB Radio 2/2 (now with battery!).
Bedroom 2: SB3, AE 2.1.
Bedroom 3: SB3, Yamaha powered monitors.
SC v7.5.0 and music on Asus Eeebox B202, WinXP SP3.