mmduf;554825 Wrote:

> So does anyone think there's a noticeable improvement in sound since
> upgrading to the Touch?

There are people that notice a huge difference and there are people
like myself that barely would be able to hear the difference in a bind
test. It all depends on what other equipment you have and how good your
ears are.

Let's assume we are only talking about the audio quality and not the
other features which also makes it worth to upgrade. In this case there
might be other parts of you system where $300 would make a bigger
difference in the audio quality, it all depends on what equipment and
speakers you currently have. If the Classic is the weak link today, the
Touch will probably be a good investment to improve the audio quality.
If there are other parts in your system that are the weak links, the
Touch might not make a big difference regarding the audio quality. If
you let us know a bit more about your current system we might be able
to give you a better recommendation.

IMHO, the Touch is worth the money not only for the audio quality but
also for the color screen. In my setup the screen has enhanced the
experience a lot more than the difference in audio quality. Of course,
most things showed on my screen are third party stuff, without the
third party stuff the difference would be less.

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.isaksson.info) (Install my plugins through
Extension Downloader)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library, Title Switcher and Database
Query plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.isaksson.info/index.php/Category:SlimServer))