rhswain;557220 Wrote:
> According to my Kill-A-Watt meter, my Touch uses 36 watts -- whether
> it's on or off!
>
> I only use the Touch to listen to internet radio.  (I have not even
> installed the software on my PC.)  It connects wirelessly to my router.
> I usually control it with mysqueezebox.com, or sometimes with the
> remote control.
>
> When it's playing, I have it showing Now Playing.  When it's off, the
> big clock and small date appear (I think that's the default).
>
> Am I doing something wrong?  Any suggestions?

I think you have a bad display on your meter, more like 3.6 Watts, not
36. It is impossible for a Touch to EVER draw more then 20 watts even
with really lose tolerances and a short (rated at 15W as in 5V*3A). And
without using the USB port to power a poorly designed USB drive, no way
to even get close to 10 Watts.

Your Touch is probably drawing more like .72A at 5VDC and the meter is
reading 3.6 Watts.

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr
6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Mains, VCC-5
Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide
AutoScope 2.35:1

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: Second Boom