Hello,

I have just taken delivery today of my SB Touch after gleaming alot of
information from this forum so I thought I would post some initial
impressions up.

I am using it without a computer, with a Toshiba 1TB External USB
Harddrive and am using the digital output into my DAC.

I have a reasonably large CD collection that is not yet ripped but in
preperation for the SB Touch I had already ripped around 12 albums
using EAC onto the Toshiba HDD. I ripped to Flac using level zero
compression.

- The initial setup of the Touch was easy and everything worked as it
should, it connected to my internet connection and updated the firmware
without issue.

- When I connected the external HDD the Touch found the albums I had
ripped without issue (Only 12 I know but its a start).

- The sound is fantastic, it really has changed the overall sound of my
system. I was using an old TEAC VRDS T1 with a clock upgrade and I
didn't really expect it to be much better, but it is much more
enjoyable to listen to. More natural, easier to listen to, more
effortless, clearer. Some albums that are very well known to me
suddenly revealed subtle details I hadn't noticed. I even found that
certain tracks I had previously considered to sound a little harsh on
the ear at the top end, have now lost some of their hard, harsh edge.

I just hope that it will continue to work once there are many more
albums ripped.

- One thing that I couldn't work out was how to fix the volume at 100%.
I saw a post explaining how to do it on here but I couldn't see the
patch for the 100% volume fix. I installed the patch installer but
still couldn't see the patch then oddly found I can no longer view
available patches, the menu just doesn't open anymore when I touch to
select it. I found two other Apps relating to fixing the volume control
on the web view of the software but these did not seem to do anything
and I couldn't find where to access settings for them.

Anyhow, so far so good. I just need to get my head around the Apps /
Patches and how to use a computer to access files on the SB Touch and
the external HDD attached to the Touch.

Cheers.

--
woodnut