For what its worth I will chuck my opnion in on the digital output of
the Touch. I haven't compared it with the transporter but it is head
and shoulders above my CD transport. The transparency I am getting from
my system now is incredible. The sound is much more liquid and smooth.
Vocals that were previously a bit harsh and had sibilancehave really
benefited and are much smoother and easier to listen to.

The only thing I am unsure of so far is the pin pointing of instruments
on the soundstage within the mix seems a touch more smeared but I
haven't yet gone back to my CD transport to verify that I am just
imagining this. My touch has had less than ten hours play so far so if
it improves any more that would be fantastic.

--
woodnut