You do need SBS 7.5.0 or later to use the Touch, and as you note, the
latest version of the musicm8 software only has SBS 7.4.1. I don't know
any details about musicm8, but it looks like a pretty closed system.
Have you contacted the musicm8 people to see when they will update
their software? After all, SBS 7.5.0 has been out for a few months
already.

This, I'm afraid, is one of the downsides of buying into a closed
system. Unless you can get root access to the command shell, you're at
the mercy of the vendor to update the software.

--
aubuti