Ricibob;563068 Wrote:
> I have the same issue. XP sp2. 4000 or so tracks in music library.  I
> had this problem intermitently with SqueezeboxServer-7.4.3-30236.
> Normally when I rebooted the machine the problem occured (music all
> there but Music Folder showing "Empty").  If I restarted squeezebox
> server normally it fixed the issue and music folders appeared.
> If I updated to 7.5 then the problem was permiment - restarting would
> not correct music folders.  For this reason I stuck with 7.4.3.
> Just recently however the problem has become permanent on this version
> (7.4.3). Restarting squeeze server doesn't help anymore - and I am now
> very frustrated to not have folders as this is how I navigate 99.99% of
> the time.
> Any help suggestions welcome.
As I said earlier I have solved this problem by using a Segate external
drive to store my music files, and I have been thinking that the
replacement(extra)HDD I had recently fitted, had a slightly different
way of dealing with the files, maybe due to the (non)relationship with
win/media player.
I came to this conclusion after the fact that it is only music files it
had a problem with.
Maybe it is squeezeboxserver and the way it deals with some HDD's after
reading your experience.
I am on Vista-32 SP2, and on SQB SERVER 7.5

--
ajwaldo