results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=77824
Question: Should volume control only affect the analog outputs?

- Yes, I don't/wouldn't use the digital outputs anyway
- Yes, I want to use the digital outputs and want them locked at 100%
- Yes (some other reason)
- No, I want variable output for the digital outputs
- No (some other reason)

adamslim;567639 Wrote:
> Lose the digital output volume control?  I think not!
>
> Why not have a single preference for "Output fixed at 100%", with
> options for Neither/Digital/Analogue/Both; then the volume only affects
> that which is not set by this.  Surely that would do for most people?

The SB3 aka classic used to have the possibility have digital fixed but
analog variable, that was taken away later and then the SB3 has only a
fix volume option that works both analog and digital.

Hopefully the Touch can made to have the more flexible approach, why
ever they simplified it on the SB3 is hard to get ?

--
Mnyb

Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 and assorted amps
SiriuS, Classe' Primare and Dynadio speakers, Contour 4 Contour Center,
and Contour 1.3SE for the rear ch. Rel Stadium 3 sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: SB3 + powered Fostex PM0.4
Miscellaneous use: Radio (with battery)
I use a Controller various ir-remotes and a Eee-PC with squeezeplay to
control this