tullace;568166 Wrote:
> I looked at this option and it would remove any password from my
> network.  That seems daring in these times.  I do want to get my
> squeezebox to work, but removing any password from my network to do so
> seems bold.  Can't you have security and a squeezebox too?

yes you can. in the past I've had both wep and wpa working (at
different times). I think the suggestion is to try to get connected
WITHOUT the security just to see if everything otherwise works, then
adding back in the security.

And by the way, WEP wifi security is equivalent to closing your door
but not locking it. Anyone that turns the knob can open it in no time.
It is NO security. Any 8th grader with web access can break into your
wifi in about 1 minute or less. Even if you do NOT broadcast your SSID
(and there is no reason not to broadcast it, because this adds no
security either), I could find your SSID broadcasting if I'm nearby,
and with one of many freely available programs from the net, break your
WEP network in minutes.  Do a google search on "breaking WEP network"

--
garym