I also own a powered external hard drive (Toshiba 1TB) and have now
ripped around 250 albums Flac -0, in the last week I have had two of
these loss of connection episodes. Previously everything had been
running fine. I am a little concerned that it may become a more regular
occurence. There appears to be no software or any settings regarding
sleep mode for this harddrive and each time the problem has occurred
after over an hour of listening and during listening to a track so I
can't see why it should loose connection suddenly.

I am prepared to accept the odd quirk, I saw before purchasing the
setup that the odds were it wouldn't be a purely trouble free mode of
operation. I do hope that it doesn't become a more regular problem.

--
woodnut