mfw;569053 Wrote:
>  There is probably a lot of thought being put into the marketing and
> distribtion of the Revue, and Touch could be a part of that.
Ooh, I like that theory. And Jim's. Based on all the public info, I
feared Touch might disappear and Radio be the sole surviving hardware.
The ancillary requirements for Squeezebox (install SBS & watch your
antivirus & firewall settings, don't use the "phono" input, keep the
volume near 100% if using other sources, etc.) have always been
problematic, and Radio is about as easy to get running as Logitech
could hope for. I like Radio a lot, but it would be sad to see Logitech
drop the "audio source" Squeezebox. Since Revue is an AV source, that
shouldn't happen. Worse case (I hope) is that SqueezePlay is ported to
Revue and Revue becomes the new flagship "audio source" Squeezebox. If
the GoogleTV tie-in gets SqueezePlay in more homes, that would be
great. Too bad there's no Squeezebox logo to put on Revue. :-(

--
peterw

http://www.tux.org/~peterw/
Free plugins:  'AllQuiet'