Kevin Haskins;570620 Wrote:
> It is fairly hot at 100%.   I measure PP 5V on the scope with just some
> music playing.    I should upload a sine wave and get a nice pretty
> picture.    I'm trying to use it on my active speakers with 60-70% --
> 100% so that I can just avoid dealing with another volume control.

2.0V RMS = 5.66V pp so the 5V you see is right where it should be.

A lot of people set their amp so that around 85 on the SB is about as
loud as you want to go in your room. That way you have some room for
more gain for soft recordings, and can drcrease the gain when you don't
want to listen full bore.

The rule of thumb with the SB is that you don't want to go below about
70 on the internal volume. Below that and you start loosing  resolution
for 16 bit music.

John S.

--
JohnSwenson