As mentioned from swessel:

swessel;559772 Wrote:

> With the FreeSans fonts, the german Umlaut characters are shown ok, but
> the japanese characters are shown as little boxes. With the
> DroidSansFallback font it is just the opposite. I tried it with the
> newest version of this font.

Additionally I think this should work without the need of installing a
new font as many user might not know how to work it out or just don't
want to spend the time on it. I was very astonished that Touch does not
display Asian letters as it is based on Linux and UTF8 and the Boom was
doing it!

Even worse, after changing the server to the Touch also the Boom does
not show Asian letters anymore. Like this it is not usable for me.

I tagged my whole music library UTF8. Especially for my wife, as she is
Korean.

--
Konzales