808htfan;570462 Wrote:
> I don't remember where, but I think I read that TinySBS is just SBS
> running in a limited mode or something to that effect.  So is it
> possible to add the capability for SBS running on a PC to scan a USB HD
> as TinySBS would, write the database info, and have TinySBS use that
> info when that USB HD is then connected to the Touch?  That could save
> some time waiting for scans...particularly first-time scans and 'renew
> database' type scans.
>
> Might that only be possible on Linux systems?
>
> Thanks!

That kind of defeats the purpose and muddies the water. How is the
Touch going to know what did what? What if you don't have SBS running
on a PC?

The idea is that one can plug a USB drive in or 8GB Stick and the Touch
will scan the media and build a DB. In my mind its more a function of
determining what is attached to the Touch and building a DB when the
USB port is active then just a function of scanning.

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr
6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Wood Mains, VCC-5
Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide
AutoScope 2.35:1, Vandersteen V2W Subwoofer

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: Squeezebox BOOM
Bathroom: Squeezebox Radio