badboygolf16v;572141 Wrote:
> Would a Dune HD Max player with one of 'these'
> (http://www.switch-box.com/3x_and_4x_S_PDIF_Transceiver_board.html) in
> do the trick?

That's one possibility, can one be had already tricked out this way.
Maybe not needed it's has HDMI 1.3 so I can connect it  to my
MeridianHD621.
So I could use it as is .
Then I need to set up an UpNP server to it Won't be a squeezebox :-/

Reading their site the D1 would also work for 7.1 FLAC over HDMI.

But 3*spdif boards is always interesting, has not HDMI problematic
jitter performance ? anyway the HD621 is designed take care of that.

--
Mnyb

Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 and assorted amps
SiriuS, Classe' Primare and Dynadio speakers, Contour 4 Contour Center,
and Contour 1.3SE for the rear ch. Rel Stadium 3 sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: SB3 + powered Fostex PM0.4
Miscellaneous use: Radio (with battery)
I use a Controller various ir-remotes and a Eee-PC with squeezeplay to
control this