Kal Rubinson;573435 Wrote:
> Let me ask you one question:  How do you propose to pay for this change?
> It will require more time/hours/investment in equipment than can be
> supported.  Increased circulation will not pay for it in subscriptions
> or ad revenue.
>
> Besides, this is not my business.  Send a letter to JA or the
> publisher.
>
> Kal

Sorry you feel it was directed at you Kal, it wasn't. I was speaking
about what TAS or Stereophile might need to do, not what you needed to
attempt (unless your thinking of starting a HiFi rag). That is why I
used JA, Wes, and Art as examples. Ad revenues are down as are
subscriptions or I wouldn't get my bi-monthly renewal bribe of less
then a dollar an issue.

TAS and Stereophile still have some clout and well followed reviewers.
The model could be supported by additional ad revenue that this format
at these two magazines would probably generate. The equipment for
reviews comes from the manufacture so there is no cost there. The
standardization of reviewers home systems could be a cost of employment
and probably have components available at cost by manufactures.

The odd thing about this current thread is that nobody has responded
opposing  the view that the product reviews are not worth much since
they are in a format that doesn't lend itself well to comparison.

I find that revealing and that a change is needed.

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr
6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Wood Mains, VCC-5
Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide
AutoScope 2.35:1, Vandersteen V2W Subwoofer

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: Squeezebox BOOM
Bathroom: Squeezebox Radio