JohnSwenson;562215 Wrote:
> From my listening experience running the internal server playing WAV
> files offers about the same SQ as external server streaming flac (flac
> decoding on Touch). Thus external server streaming PCM (from whatever
> source) sounds better than playing WAVs on internal server. Other
> people will disagree with this, but thats what I hear. Please don't get
> the impression that I'm saying using the internal server sounds bad,
> that is not true. I'm saying the internal server sounds very good, but
> an external server streaming PCM sounds REALLY good!
>
> John S.

Recently have moved from internal server to sheevaplug and it
definitely sondns much better. Can't understand why.

Mike.

--
mdm

Touch(wireless/TinySBS/1Tb LaCie) - CA DacMagic - MF A220 - Kelly
Transducers KT3, MF A2CD, MF X-CANS, MF X-LPS, Rega P3(Shure V15VxMR),
Sennheiser HD-580/RS-180, Vampire Wire SC/IV & Accuphase Interconnect
cables, Chord Prodac (coaxial), Acrotec 6N-S1200(bi-wire)