Thanks for replying, i appreciate your response.

I tried selecting wired network but if you dont have anything connected
it still fails and wont let you go any further. Its not a huge deal, as
you said its rare that you have to factory reset but when i was trying
to debug differant drive and configurations i found myself needing to
do this alot and then it just got plain annoying.

I only wanted to use the touch for local music from a USB drive. But
from my experience so far you have to jump through so many hoops and
put up with compromises. I thought the whole unique purpose of the
touch was to give you a way of playing music without being tied to a
pc. I just dont think that that side has been developed far enough
yet.

As far as my problems connecting a usb drive goes, i wont go into here
but will create another thread when im finished testing. But suffice to
say i have read all the posts on here about certain drives, bus power vs
ac power, embedded artwork etc etc, the long and short of it is it still
requires me to spend more money (either on a powered hub or new drive),
which really is just annoying when i splashed out £250 already. My
fault i suppose for listening to the hype and not checking the forum
posts first

I dont know if the developers read these posts as i would really
appreciate there opinion on this.

--
spamtom