I did use the Buffalo Linkstation quite a while for Squeezebox Server.
But its very slow and it doesn't make much fun (also it's quite some
fiddling to get it working).

On the 3rd party hardware forum there are plenty of threads and
tutorials to install SBS on a Linkstation.

In the meantime I switched to a SheevaPlug. Its a lot more powerful
than the linkstation, installation is easy too (there are also some
threads about it here).
You can access all you mp3s on the LinkStation of course.

--
bluegaspode

Big Screen for great Boxes available now at your AppStore: *'Squeezebox
+ iPad = SqueezePad ' (www.squeezepad.com) *!
Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why
not try my 'Weather Forecast Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=73827)
Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my
'Headphone Switcher Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=67139)

Setup: 1x SB-Controller+Receiver (Duet), 1xSB-Boom. 2xSB-Radio
Server (7.5.1) running on SheevaPlug (Ubuntu) with attached Western
Digital MyBook Essential.