I use the C.I.A psu i used for my SB3 it provides slighly less amps than
the one delivered with the Touch but i do not intend to use any USB
drives.
So it works fine.
I don't use headphones or the analog out either (only spdif).
If you want to everything at the same time you probable *must* use the
original psu or a more powerful one.

Duras find is quite interesting can you use more power hungry drives
with an higher spec PSU ?
I don't want to rain on anyone's parade but you might burn up some tiny
circuit board traces instead ? Is it plausible that the 5v goes just
straight out to the USB port ? without any regulator in between ?

Btw you do void your warranty if you do things like this, you should be
prepared for some "learning by burning" otherwise use the stock psu.

--
Mnyb

Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 and assorted amps
SiriuS, Classe' Primare and Dynadio speakers, Contour 4 Contour Center,
and Contour 1.3SE for the rear ch. Rel Stadium 3 sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: SB3 + powered Fostex PM0.4
Miscellaneous use: Radio (with battery)
I use a Controller various ir-remotes and a Eee-PC with squeezeplay to
control this