Although the “clean cache folder” worked for the moment, the next time I
added an album to my library the problem came back.  It would take
multiple tries of cache clean-up and clear library and rescans to get
the thumbnails to display correctly on my Touch.  Now remember this
problem was just on my Touch not on my Controller.

Today I was about to rip 5 albums into my library and was complaining
about this problem when my wife said “if the artwork is only wonky
(that’s a technical term) on the Touch, why don’t you reset the
Touch?”

I used the small button on the back to reset the Touch and now the
artwork is correct even when I just rescan for new and changed music.

Since this worked it suggests there is an artwork cache in the Touch
and not just on the server.  Does anyone know if this is correct?

It also suggest my wife is smarter than me:-)

--
CharlieG