Greetings from a new Squeezebox touch owner.

My question is about music file formats.
I have been using mp3's and aac's for years.
Just fine for portable units and car audio.

I am planing to use my new Touch in an audiophile grade stereo system.
I haven't started the task of copying my complete CD collection in full
quality to a hard drive.
I have started using a ripping program called EAC (exact audio copy).
I can write the files as flac, or wav.
with the price of storage nowadays, I'm leaning toward .wav files.
Is there any advantages, or disadvantages to either?
will the Touch or the SBS program recognize flac tags, and/or wav
tags?
(Is there such a thing as .wav tags?)

Thanks,
Mike