souwalker;581047 Wrote:
> My 2 cents worth.
>
> I got the Touch in July. I am still in the process of ripping all my
> 850 CDs to FLAC. I am up to 350 CDS and still counting.
>
> My FLACS are in a QNAP NAS streaming to my HiFi. I have the Touch
> connected via L/R RCA Analogue to my pre-amp. Sounds fantastic.
>
> I use dbPoweramp to rip the CDs to FLAC at default settings which I
> think is -5 compression.
>
> I can find the album art via google images. Keep them no more then
> 500x500 but I use 300x300.
>
> Rgds

Whenever I rip a CD I always do a fresh scan of the cover art. I like
to have fairly large (around 940X940 but always less than 1MB file
size) cover art since I use Moose
(http://www.rusticrhino.com/drlovegrove/) running on my desktop and
laptop computers as a front end since Moose offers super quick access
to my music library. With Moose you can display the cover art quite
large (about a 1/2 of the screen) so large looks great. The larger
cover art also looks quite nice on the Touch as well.

BTW, I also use dbpoweramp for all my CD ripping and other codec
related tasks, such as converting from one format to another. And I use
mp3tag as well. However you can set all the various tagging and file
naming options from within dbpoweramp so that all you have to do, aside
from the occasional tidying up, is add cover art and you ready to go.

--
ralphpnj

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels -> Snatch -> The Transporter ->
Transporter 2 (oops) -> Touch