SuperQ,

It's a disaster because it's a basic feature and this problem is
replicatable. I've been putting off filing a bug report, since I'm
still searching to see if one exists that describes my scenerio.

It's a disaster because it affected every squeezeplay device I have.

It's a disaster because factory reset didn't fix it.

JJZolx, I believe I'm running the latest firmwares..
Touch:
Firmware: 7.5.1-r9009

Radio:
Firmware: 7.5.1-r9009

Two Receivers: Firmware: 65

Not sure about controller.

The only solution I found was to install a local library again. after
one more factory reset, the squeezeboxen started operating well again.
I could switch to mysqueezebox.com no problem.

I can see that the "network connect" issue is a symptom of a different
problem. When it had trouble locating a server to connect to, it
degrades ungracefully to the network password screen, giving the
illusion of a network connection issue.

Interestingly, it will connect to mysqueezebox.com when the local
server exists. But turn off the local server, and the players get
confused quickly.

For a while I had one player "playing" rhapsody music from Mysb.com but
I couldn't locate the player on mysb.com's control app. That's when I
did the factory reset and things went wonky after that.

--
FredFredrickson

Get your news and stock updates right here: 'Squeezebox Updates'
(http://sb.cnhpa.com)!
notified when the battery's back in stock!